Top 10 Links for SRL Associates
- Orientation to the Summer Research Laboratory LibGuide:
For basic information about the SRL, including internet access and available technologies.
- University Library homepage
For information about up-to-date library hours and access to catalogs, and online journals and databases.
- Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Collections and Services page
Use this page as your home base for your research during SRL. Easy access to the Classic Catalog, major databases, and our informative Research Guides.
- Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center
Consult this site for information about housing, check-in, events, and programming.
- University of Illinois maps
For all your map needs, including parking map, wireless access map, and MTD bus routes.
- Visit Champaign County website
For information about local restaurants, shopping, and events during your stay.
- Smile Politely
For more information about food, drink, music, and culture in Champaign-Urbana.
- Champaign Urbana Mass Transit District
For up-to-date information on all bus routes.
- Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
Check out the calendar to view performances and events.
- Spurlock Museum of World Cultures
Check out current and future exhibits and upcoming events.
More Useful Links for SRL Associates
- 2022 University of Illinois Library Summer Hours
- Slavic Reference Service (SRS)
- Slavic Reference Service Email/Contact Information
- SRS Duplication Service
- SRS Personalized Bibliographic Sessions
- UIUC Library Circulation Policies
- UIUC Wireless Connection Access
- There are four treadmills and four elliptical machines located in Presby Hall, which are free and open to all guests.
- The Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) – 201 E. Peabody Dr. Champaign, IL 61820
- Please note that due to upcoming building renovations, certain spaces at the ARC may be temporarily unavailable or closed for construction. Please consult the site linked above for current information regarding these renovations.
- Campus Recreation Center East (CRCE) – 1102 W. Gregory Dr. Urbana, IL 61801
- Daily guest passes are available from both ARC and CRCE
- Spurlock Museum of World Cultures – http://www.spurlock.illinois.edu/
- Krannert Art Museum – http://www.kam.illinois.edu/
- Krannert Center for the Performing Arts – http://www.krannertcenter.com/
- Summer Quad Cinema Series - https://union.illinois.edu/see-and-do/events/summer-films-on-the-quad-22
- Champaign – http://www.champaigncenter.com/
Discover food, shopping, and events happening throughout Champaign this summer.
- Urbana’s Saturday Market at the Square – https://urbanamarket.org/
Champaign-Urbana’s weekly farmers market held every Saturday, 7:00am-12:00pm.
- Champaign Park District Programs and Events – http://www.champaignparkdistrict.com/events/
- Allerton Park Concert Series – https://allerton.illinois.edu/allerton-park-concert-series/
Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District (CUMTD)
Local bus system with extensive routes and affordable fares ($1 one-way)
Neutral Cycle | 624 S 5th St, Champaign
Local bike shop offering bike rentals
Bike sharing mobile app service
Car sharing service, located throughout town
Target Champaign Campustown Store | 603 E Green St, Champaign
Has the essentials – right on campus!
County Market | 331 E Stoughton St, Champaign
In Campustown area – larger selection than Target
Harvest Market | 2029 S Neil St, Champaign
Similar to Whole Foods – locally owned
Common Ground Food Co-op | 300 S Broadway Ave, Urbana (Inside Lincoln Square Mall)
Community owned since 1974
World Harvest International & Gourmet Foods | 306 W Springfield Ave, Urbana
Specialty Market, also has a café
Funding for this program is provided in part by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Intelligence and Research, Office of Outreach Title VIII Program for Research and Training on Eastern Europe and Eurasia (Independent States of the Former Soviet Union).