- Yaro Skalnik REEEC Scholarship Fund
- Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships
- European Union Center FLAS Fellowships
The European Union Center (EUC) also awards FLAS fellowships for our regional languages. REEEC encourages students to apply for these fellowships as well.
- Graduate College Fellowship Office
Qualified students may also be eligible to compete for other fellowships at the campus level. A limited number of teaching and graduate assistantships, and tuition and fee waivers are also available to outstanding students. Some employment opportunities are available through the Slavic Reference Service and other non-teaching units on campus. Information on need-based financial aid may be obtained from the Graduate College.
- Illinois International Program (IIP) Scholarships
- Gilman Scholarship (listed under “undergraduate students"), with more information here
- American Councils Title VIII Fellowships for Overseas Language Study and Research
- Fulbright IIE (More information available here)
- NSEP fellowship
- SSRC Fellowships
- Woodrow Wilson International Center fellowships
- Indiana University Title VIII Overseas and Domestic Fellowships
- Critical Languages Institute at ASU
- Cohen-Tucker Dissertation Fellowship Program
- Critical Languages Scholarship
- Boren Scholarships (for undergraduate students)
- Boren Fellowships (for graduate students)
- Gilman Scholarship (listed under “undergraduate students”), with more information here
- Project GO (for ROTC students)
- Central Eurasian Studies Summer Institute (CESSI) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
For suggestions on proposal writing, see “The Art of Writing Proposals,” published by the Social Science Research Council.