- The Yaro Skalnik Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center Endowment Fund was established in 2022 through a generous gift by Professor Carol Leff (Emerita, Department of Political Science), in honor of her father. It provides small research grants to undergraduate and graduate students, seeking... Read full story REEEC Announces Yaro Skalnik Russian, East Europe, and Eurasian Center Endowment Fund
- By Ivan Cherniakov (PhD Student, Art History) Griffin Creech is a PhD Candidate in the Department of History, University of Pennsylvania, and the 2023 recipient of the Fisher Fellow Award. The Fisher Fellow Award offers support to junior scholars to attend the Summer Research Lab... Read full story Interview with the 2023 Fisher Fellow, Griffin Creech
- By Laurel Tollison As an MA student in Russian, East European, and Eurasian, I had the opportunity to assist in several different outreach events as REEEC’s outreach graduate assistant. One of our regular programs included monthly visits to the Orchard Downs Community Center to... Read full story REEEC Outreach Spotlight: Orchard Downs Kid's Club
Eden is a first-year REEES MA student originally from Northern California. She earned her B.A. from the University of Toronto (Canada), and majored in European Affairs and Slavic Languages and Literatures with a concentration in Russian. She has been studying Russian since high school, and began...Read more about REEEC M.A. Student Profile: Eden Zorne
- REEEC Fisher Fellow Lecture: Griffin Creech, "Buriats Beyond Borders: Making and Unmaking Multi-Layered Citizens in the Russia-Mongolia Borderlands, 1890-1938"2023-07-07 - By Ivan Cherniakov (PhD Student, Art History) How does citizenship function in an empire? How do different citizenship regimes shape populations in their borderlands? These were the questions that Griffin Creech—the recipient of the 2023 Fisher Fellow Award—discussed in his talk “...
- Arts, Heritage, and Belonging: Armenian Transcultural Entanglements | 2023 Ralph and Ruth Fisher Forum for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies2023-06-06 - Arts, Heritage, and Belonging: Armenian Transcultural Entanglements June 14 - 15, 2023 | 2023 Ralph and Ruth Fisher Forum for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies Co-organizers: Donna A. Buchanan (Professor, Music, Anthropology, Slavic Languages & Literatures); Maureen E. Marshall (Associate Director, REEEC; President, ARISC) Location: Levis Faculty Center, Room...
- 2023-06-01 - Open Research Laboratory and Summer Research Laboratory alumni publish articles, book chapters, and monographs that help shape the field of Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies. Find below the 2022 publications that have resulted from research conducted at the Research Labs: Barbara Allen Allen, Barbara, ed. 2022. The Workers’ Opposition in the Russian...