*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently not able to host researchers in-person this summer. We invite you to participate in our Virtual Summer Research Laboratory (VSRL) this year: June 14 – August 8.*
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR SUMMER RESEARCH LAB ASSOCIATES
Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center (REEEC): 217-333-1244, Room 104, International Studies Building, 910 South Fifth Street, Champaign, IL 61820
GENERAL INFORMATION AND WHAT TO EXPECT
SRL staff are available to answer any questions you might have.
Pay all housing charges to the Center; DO NOT pay the residence hall.
If you have any problems with the housing, please speak to the residence hall’s manager, and inform REEEC.
What to Expect:
- When arriving at REEEC to register, please try to have your length of stay solidified. If something does occur that will cut your stay short unexpectedly, please give REEEC at least 24 hours notice if you need to change your length of stay. Otherwise, you will be charged any nights you don’t cancel well in advance of your departure.
- It is recommended that you use a credit card to pay for any housing and parking fees.
- Please be aware that we no longer accept cash for any fees related to SRL.
- You will not have access to the library until you have paid your registration and any other fees at check-in.
Parking on campus is restricted. The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center will provide information on parking as it becomes available. The information will be for your reference only. The Center is not responsible for any parking violations or vehicle towing.If you would like a parking permit, please request in advance. If you have not received funding from the SRL, you will need to pay all parking charges when you check in at REEEC.
During Office Hours—Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Check in with REEEC at 104 International Studies Building.
- Confirm your housing arrangements.
- Pay your registration fee if you have not done so previously.
- If applicable, receive and pay for your parking permit (must have been requested in advance).
- Pay for any housing not covered by a housing grant.
- Receive information about resources on campus and activities in the community, and take a campus map.
- Check in at the SRL housing; your reservation will be in your name.
After Office Hours—After 5:00 pm or On the Weekend
- Check in at the SRL housing; the reservation will be in your name.
- If you reserved parking, notify us in advance that you are arriving after hours. Your parking pass will be available for you at the front desk of the residence hall.
- Check in with REEEC as soon as the Center opens after your arrival.
TO GET TO REEEC
from Champaign’s Illinois Terminal
- Take MTD (Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District).
- Take the East Green Line (50E Green) to the corner of 4th and Green.
- Depart on that Corner, walk one block east on Green St. and turn right (south) on Fifth Street.
- REEEC will be on the third block to your left.
from Willard Airport
- The MTD no longer runs the Air Bus. At the airport, you will need to take a taxi or an Uber/Lyft to the University of Illinois.
- Please inform your driver that REEEC is located in the International Studies Building, 910 S. Fifth St., Champaign, IL 61820.
To avoid additional charges, please follow these procedures:
Check out and leave your room key at the residence hall’s front desk.
Notify the Center in person or by email that you have checked out. If there is any confusion about your departure date and we cannot confirm that you checked out as scheduled, we will bill you for the extra nights.