For upcoming lectures and workshops (including times and descriptions), please see our Calendar.
- New Directions in Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies—a colloquium series featuring leading scholars who conduct cutting-edge research, often of a cross-disciplinary nature, use innovative methodologies, and are defining the intellectual direction in the field
- Noontime Scholars—presentations on current research by faculty, students, and researchers from campus, regional affiliates, and beyond
- Distinguished Speaker Series—features prominent policy makers, business professionals, public activists and other non-academic speakers who have made an impact in the region or affected perceptions of it in the United States
- Authors & Artists—brings authors, artists, and other professionals to campus and Champaign-Urbana to discuss their works and perform
- Critical Methods Series—a new programming initiative to develop new degree certificate programs that combine area studies and language instruction with advanced training in research methodologies; developed in collaboration with University of Illinois professional schools, these new degree certificates offer students interdisciplinary REEES training with broad application to areas of national need and to careers in government service, education, business, the arts, and the public sector
Do you have a speaker recommendation? We'd love to hear from you! Please fill out our REEEC Speaker Recommendation Form. While we accept all nominations from our faculty and students and do our best to honor these requests, we cannot guarantee that all nominations will result in an invitation to speak.