Useful Links for Educators
- Reference Sources for Russia, East Europe, and Eurasia
- Other REEES NRCs and Area Studies Centers
- iEARN: International Education and Resource Network. “iEARN is the world’s largest non-profit global network that enables teachers and young people to use the Internet and other new technologies to collaborate on projects that both enhance learning and make a difference in the world.”
- Elementary/Middle School:
- Middle/High School:
- Lonely Planet Destinations: Lonely Planet provides basic information about the history and culture of countries throughout the world. Search by region or country.
- National Geographic Education: Explore lesson plans and resources focused on ecology, environmental science, and conservation.
- CIA World Factbook: Find basic information about the geography, history, and politics of all countries. CIA World Factbook also provides detailed maps and country statistics.
- High School/College:
- World Digital Library: Provides a wealth of primary materials from throughout the world and throughout human history.
- The Library of Congress Country Studies: Provides access to nearly 100 detailed country studies.
- A Collection of Open College Courses and Lectures by professors at Harvard, Princeton and MIT