APPLICATION DEADLINES AND PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
The application deadline for the next Summer Research Lab has been extended to February 17, 2020. REEEC will continue to accept applications after the grant deadline, but housing and travel fees will be at the applicant’s own expense.
The following documents must be submitted by all applicants; for those applying for funding, see Grant Application Requirements:
- 2020 SRL Application (Please fill out this application in one sitting, and please have your supporting documents ready to upload.)
- Research Proposal (1-2 pages, single spaced with 12-point font) answering the following questions:
- What research question or topic are you currently exploring?
- What is the goal of your current research? (e.g. complete monograph, finish dissertation, pre-field work research)
- What do you hope to achieve by visiting the SRL and using the services provided by SRS and the University Library at Illinois?
- If you are applying for Title VIII travel, housing, or stipend support (US citizens only), you must submit a Statement of US Foreign Policy Relevance (uploaded into the online application form) in addition to your research proposal. This should be an abstract of your proposal that draws a connection between your research and some aspect of U.S. foreign policy issues, strategies, emphases, or concerns. Length: up to 500 words. Failure to provide this statement could compromise your ability to receive Title VIII funding.
- Short-form Curriculum Vitae (uploaded into the online application form): 5 page maximum, single-spaced, 11- or 12-point font.
- Additionally, Graduate Students are required to supply their Advisor’s letter of support. (This may be uploaded into the online application form. If your advisor would prefer to send their letter of support separately from the application form, they may email their letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have the subject line include your last name and the phrase ‘letter of support’.)
For questions regarding the application process, funding, and the SRL in general, please contact REEEC: email@example.com or (217) 333-1244.
Expenses and Fees:
For those who have not received Title VIII funding, have not received funding as an international graduate student, and are not presenting at a workshop, payment of the registration fee is due upon notification of acceptance. Payment may be made by check or credit card: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Graduate Students — $50
- All other Scholars — $50
HOUSING FEES: TBD
PARKING FEES: TBD