APPLICATION DEADLINES AND PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
The application deadline for the next Summer Research Lab will be March 15, 2017. REEEC will continue to accept applications after the grant deadline, but housing and travel fees will be at the applicant’s own expense.
The following documents must be submitted by all applicants; for those applying for funding, see Grant Application Requirements:
- 2017 SRL Application
- Research Proposal and, if applicable, a Statement of Research Relevance (uploaded into the online application form)
- Curriculum Vitae (uploaded into the online application form)
- Additionally, Graduate Students are required to supply their Advisor’s letter of support. (This may be uploaded into the online application form. If your advisor would prefer to send their letter of support separately from the application form, they may email their letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have the subject line include your last name and the phrase ‘letter of support’.)
For questions regarding the application process, funding, and SRL in general, please contact REEEC: email@example.com or (217) 333-1244.
Expenses and Fees:
Payment of the registration fee is due upon notification of acceptance. Payment may be made by check or credit card: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Graduate Students — $50
- All other Scholars — $100
- Shared three-bedroom suite/night — $46
- Single three-bedroom suite/night — $92
Please read the following information carefully. All applicants are required to submit a one- to two-page research proposal.
Research Proposal: This should answer the following three questions:
1. What research question or topic are you currently exploring?
2. What is the purpose of your current research? (e.g. complete monograph, finish dissertation, pre-field work research)
3. What do you hope to achieve by visiting SRL and using the services provided by SRS and the Library at Illinois?
If you are applying for funding, you should also provide a statement of research relevance:
- This should be a statement linking the research described in your proposal to its broader impact, its relevance to contemporary disciplinary or cross-disciplinary perspectives on the region, to current events and cross-cultural or trans-regional interactions, or potential impact on public debate. Length: 100 words or less; 425 characters, including spaces.