APPLICATION DEADLINES AND PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
The application deadline for the next Summer Research Lab will be March 31, 2018. REEEC will continue to accept applications after the grant deadline, but housing and travel fees will be at the applicant’s own expense.
The following documents must be submitted by all applicants; for those applying for funding, see Grant Application Requirements:
- 2018 SRL Application
- Research Proposal and if you are applying for Title VIII travel, housing, or stipend support, you must submit a Statement of US Foreign Policy Relevance (uploaded into the online application form).
- Curriculum Vitae (uploaded into the online application form)
- Additionally, Graduate Students are required to supply their Advisor’s letter of support. (This may be uploaded into the online application form. If your advisor would prefer to send their letter of support separately from the application form, they may email their letter as an attachment to email@example.com. Please have the subject line include your last name and the phrase ‘letter of support’.)
For questions regarding the application process, funding, and SRL in general, please contact REEEC: firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-1244.
Expenses and Fees:
Payment of the registration fee is due upon notification of acceptance. Payment may be made by check or credit card: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Graduate Students — $50
- All other Scholars — $100
- Shared three-bedroom suite/night — $46
- Single three-bedroom suite/night — $92
Please read the following information carefully. All applicants are required to submit a one- to two-page research proposal.
Research Proposal: This should answer the following three questions:
1. What research question or topic are you currently exploring?
2. What is the purpose of your current research? (e.g. complete monograph, finish dissertation, pre-field work research)
3. What do you hope to achieve by visiting SRL and using the services provided by SRS and the Library at Illinois?
If you are applying for Title VIII funding, you should also provide a statement of US foreign policy relevance:
- This should be an abstract of the project described in your proposal which draws connection to your research and its relevance to US foreign policy: length, 100 words or less; 425 characters, including spaces. This question is mandatory. Failure to do so could compromise your eligibility to receive funding.