Housing is at Presby Hall, a private dorm conveniently located four blocks from the University Library and one block from the Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center. Center staff will make reservations at Presby Hall; they will not be responsible for making reservations at other venues. Associates with housing grants will be placed three to a three-four bedroom suite, unless otherwise indicated on the application; those desiring a private suite are responsible for the extra housing costs.
Presby Hall and the Center will make every effort to place conference guests in rooms they have requested, as well as keeping conference guests on the same and/or adjoining floors. However, this may not always be possible, and Presby Hall reserves the right to change rooms and floors prior to the program dates, if necessary.
Check-in time at Presby Hall is 10 AM – 8 PM. If you need to check in before 10 AM or after 8 PM, please make special arrangements in advance with the Center by email (email@example.com) or phone (217-333-1244).
- $46 per person per night for a shared three-bedroom suite, with two bathrooms.
- $92 per person per night for a shared two-bedroom suite, with two bathrooms.
Presby Hall has three-four bedroom suites with a shared bathroom, living room, washer and dryer, internet, and full kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, pots and pans, and electric range with oven. Bed linens and towels are provided. Linens are changed on a weekly basis; bath towels daily. Apartments are vacuumed and bathrooms cleaned on a weekly basis.
- Phone: Phones are provided for each apartment. Local calls are free, long distance calls are the responsibility of the occupant.
- Fax: There is a fax machine at the front desk. The charge is $1 per page to send or receive faxes. If a guest requires more than ten pages to be faxed, special arrangements should be made in advance.
- Laundry Facilities: There is a free washer and dryer in each room. Soap is not provided.
- Handicap Accessible
Each suite has a kitchen with pots and pans, where guests can prepare their own meals. Presby Hall does not provide ready-to-eat meals or a dining hall during the summer.
Other Housing Options: