International Students – 1 January
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents – 15 January
Spring and Summer Admission
Spring and Summer admission are not normally permitted, but exceptions are possible. If you are interested, please contact REEEC to inquire about the possibility.
Application Procedures and Requirements
Please refer to the Graduate College website for application instructions. Most questions regarding procedures are covered there. If you have any questions regarding the REEES degree program, please contact us directly at the address or email provided below.
All applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- 3 Letters of recommendation (Illinois program code: 10KS4097MA)
- GRE Scores (Institution code: 1836; program code: 00 or blank)
- Original, certified copies of all transcripts (submitted directly to the Center)
- Statement of Purpose (one to two pages describing the proposed program of study and career plans)
International applicants must also submit:
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (Institution code: 1836; program code: 00)
- Declaration and Certification of Finances Form
Admission to the program is based on the applicant’s academic record, letters of recommendation, GRE scores, and, if applicable, TOFEL or IELTS scores. Applicants should have completed at least two years of Russian or another language of Eastern Europe or Eurasia and hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.